Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Echo

A scream emerges from my heart.
Scorching the winter air with a passionate song.
Eternally hot, strong, and enduring, yet heard by so few.

But it's the Echo that always gives.
It's the insatiable Echo that I will always want.
The Echo of my heart is I want to feel.
The Echo from so far away.

A word escapes from my lips.
The key to a lonely bastion protected by stone.
The lost treasure, hidden away so long is discovered.

But it's the Echo that holds the key.
It's only the Echo that fuels the source.
The Echo of my words is what I yearn to hear.
The Echo from so far away.

A thought has originated in my mind.
Revealing new perspectives and possible goals.
Once dreamed of only, now becoming tangible and real.

But it's the Echo that has made it real.
It's the embrace of that sensitive Echo that feels.
The Echo of my thoughts makes me grow.
From far away the Echo makes me more.