Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Knight Errand

I scraped across a dry land,
under my heels grinding sand.
Nothing before or to hinder.
How long till I really enter?

A dying wolf with open skin,
his blood flowed from within.
Something only we could ever know.
How the world turns to a painful grey.

a simple thing ceasing to feel life.

I found a dying gasping bird,
she was broken and hurt.
Something only we could ever know.
The fragmented bones piercing.

a simple thing ceasing feel joy.

when will we share it?
when will you say it?
when do I know it?
when?

I stand proud before the gate,
no fear of bears of snakes.
In the sky there is a feather,
How long until I really may enter?

Here lies a panting deer,
his blood flowed with my tear.
Something only we could ever know.
A slow weakening rattling breath.

a simple thing ceasing to feel warmth.

On the ground a coiling worm,
Writhing and fighting to escape harm.
Something only we could ever know.
It's torture in the searing sun.

a simple thing ceasing to feel love.